We live in a world that is ever connected with the advent of internet and technological gadgets. Connecting to the world wide web, we can do just anything from shopping to reading, playing, and almost everything. However, the way we connect and use the internet puts a lot of impact on our day to day lives. Using the internet through wifi hotspots in public places appears to one of the easiest ways but puts your device and data at a huge risk.
Here are some effective tips to help you use wifi hotspots smartly so as to save yourself from cyber attacks:
- Do not use open networks as these can be easily tracked by hackers. Try to use password protected networks as they are more secure.
- In case you are on a public network, avoid accessing your social media accounts as they can be compromised.
- Turn off your sharing option in the phone settings so that no sensitive data goes into the wrong hands.
- If you are using a system, consider activating your firewall as it acts as a basic security protection from malware.
- Always keep an antivirus software installed on your phone and computer so that you are saved from phishing scams and viruses of all types.
I hope the above-mentioned tips will help you secure your data when using wifi hotspots.